What a great Fathers Day. I woke up early and enjoyed some coffee, eased into the day, and reflected on all of the blessings God has given to my family. I prayed , as I do every morning, for guidance and strength. Later, after all of the children were awake, Ben asked me to help retrieve his inline skates from Mom's van. Thought it was an odd request at first but left it at that. When I opened the hatch to the van he yelled out " Happy Fathers Day". Inside the van was a patio fire kettle. The rest of the kids came running out and repeated the tidings. They truly surprised me. Neat . I have been wanting one of those. I love watching a fire .
After church I finished installing the seats on our canoe and took the kids to Three Springs Park for their first time canoeing. They loved it!!!!! Daniel and Ben were apprehensive initially , but soon warmed up to being out on the water in such an unstable boat. Molly and Joshua were never phased. Big Fun.
After we returned home I put together the fire pit and that night we made smores. I love being a dad.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment